Laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration
June 15 - 18, 2013, AVL, Accra, Ghana; June 27 – 28, 2013, LNERV, Dakar, Senegal
The trainings are aiming at improving laboratory capacities on field laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration and development of equipment maintenance programme as required by ISO 17025 standards for Quality System implementation in diagnostic laboratories.
At the end of each workshop, trainees should be able to:
• Master and practice critical procedures of preventive maintenance, validation and qualification of the listed equipment.
• Develop programmes on laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration in accordance with ISO 17025 standards requirements
Contents of the training
The curriculum of the training includes the main methods to carry out preventive maintenance, validation and qualification on the following laboratory equipments:
• Biological safety cabinets
• Controlled / dust-free rooms
• CO2 incubators
• Optical microscopy
• Analytical balances
• Ultra deep freezers.
Laboratory maintenance Officers from the following countries:
• English speaking countries: Ghana, Nigeria and the Gambia
• French speaking countries: Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo-Brazzaville, DR Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon, Mali, Niger and Senegal.
Date and venue
• English speaking countries: June 15 - 18, 2013, Accra Veterinary Laboratory, Accra, Ghana.
• French speaking countries: June 27 – 28, 2013, Laboratoire National d’Elevage et de Recherches Vétérinaires de Hann, Dakar, Senegal.
In the same section